With the rise of digital platforms, real estate professionals, including agents, realtors, and investors, are increasingly relying on social networks to boost their visibility, forge connections with potential clients, and stay in tune with the latest market trends.
A recent study conducted by the National Association of Realtors discovered that 53% of realtors rely on social media as a top tool, confirming that the modern homebuyer’s journey often begins on social media platforms.
In this article, we take a close look at 7 different platforms and how they can enhance your real estate business, as well as provide you with expert strategies for upgrading your social media presence.
If you’re ready to discover the real estate social network that best suits your needs in 2024, read this article to the end!
Get the guide to learn how to put together an effective social media strategy for your real estate business.
Get the guide to learn how to put together an effective social media strategy for your real estate business.
- The best social media platforms for real estate professionals are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, and X (formerly Twitter).
- Facebook’s global reach allows real estate professionals to connect with local and international audiences alike.
- Instagram’s visual nature offers a unique way for professionals to connect with prospective clients, showcase properties, and build brand awareness.
- LinkedIn offers a unique platform to network, establish credibility, and generate quality leads through its focus on business connections and industry-specific content.
- TikTok’s highly visual and fast-paced format represents an opportunity for real estate professionals to present properties in unique ways and build genuine connections with potential clients.
- Pinterest’s visual and aspirational nature aligns well with the real estate industry’s need to showcase properties and inspire homeowners.
- X helps users stay updated on industry news, trends, and local happenings, which makes it an excellent platform to showcase properties and share insights.
Table of Contents
- The Benefits Of Investing In Social Media for Your Real Estate Business
- 7 Best Social Networks For Real Estate Professionals
- How to Pick the Right Social Media Platforms for Real Estate
- 7 Tips for Posting On Social Media as a Real Estate Professional
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ace Your Real Estate Marketing Strategy in 2024!
The Benefits Of Investing In Social Media for Your Real Estate Business
If you’re searching for opportunities to attract new business and thrive in this competitive industry, social media is always a good option.
Here are the benefits of investing in social media for your real estate business:
- Increased brand awareness: By consistently sharing valuable content, showcasing property listings, and engaging with your audience, you can gradually build a recognizable and trusted brand.
- Improved customer engagement: Engaging with your followers through comments, messages, and live videos can help you stand out as an attentive and customer-centric real estate professional, leading to more referrals, repeated business, and positive reviews that can significantly impact your reputation.
- Targeted advertising: Whether you target first-time homebuyers, luxury property investors, or individuals looking to relocate, social media advertising can ensure your content reaches the right audience at the right time, resulting in more qualified leads and a higher return on investment (ROI).
- Increased website traffic: Your social media accounts can serve as a powerful traffic driver to your website, where potential clients can explore property listings, learn more about your services, and get in touch with you.
- Cost-effective marketing: Many social platforms offer free business profiles and cost-efficient advertising options that enable you to reach a wide audience without breaking the bank. Additionally, the ability to track and measure the performance of your social media campaigns allows you to adjust your social media marketing strategies in real-time, thus optimizing your marketing efforts.
7 Best Social Networks For Real Estate Professionals
Navigating the world of social media can be overwhelming, especially when you’re a real estate professional looking to connect with potential clients and promote your listings effectively.
Here are the seven best social media platforms for real estate professionals:
- X (formerly Twitter)
One of the primary reasons Facebook is a go-to platform for real estate professionals is its incredibly diverse and extensive user base.
With over 3.05 billion monthly active users worldwide, Facebook boasts a presence among people of all ages, making it a versatile platform that caters to different demographics.
Moreover, Facebook’s reach extends across the globe, allowing real estate professionals to connect with local and international audiences alike.
How to Use Facebook for Real Estate
Here is how you can use Facebook to your advantage as a real estate professional:
- Build local presence: Facebook is an excellent tool for establishing a strong local presence, as it allows you to connect with potential clients and other professionals in your area.
- Showcase property listings: With Facebook’s variety of content formats, it’s easy to display property listings in a visually appealing and organized manner, attracting potential buyers and sellers.
- Engage with the community: Joining and participating in real estate Facebook Groups and community events advertised on the platform can help you build rapport with your audience and position yourself as a local expert.
- Targeted marketing: Facebook’s targeting capabilities make it an ideal platform for reaching your ideal client demographics and maximizing the return on your advertising campaigns.
As a visual platform with strong engagement capabilities, Instagram offers a unique way for professionals to connect with prospective clients, showcase properties, and build brand awareness.
One thing you should keep in mind is that Instagram predominantly attracts users between the ages of 18 and 34. This younger demographic is particularly relevant for real estate professionals seeking to connect with first-time homebuyers or individuals looking to rent.
How to Use Instagram for Real Estate
Here are some tips for using Instagram as a real estate professional:
- Create visual listings: Use Instagram to create visually appealing listings that capture the essence of the properties you’re selling or renting.
- Focus on personal branding: Build a personal brand as a trusted real estate expert by sharing your insights, experiences, and local knowledge.
- Foster engagement: Interact with your audience through comments, likes, and direct messages. Answer questions promptly and foster a sense of trust and connection.
- Establish a local influence: Become a local influencer by sharing insights into the neighborhoods you work in, including local attractions, schools, and amenities.
- Connect with millennials: If your target audience includes millennials, Instagram is an excellent platform to engage with this demographic, which often relies on visual content and social media for home-buying decisions.
LinkedIn, often associated with professional networking and job hunting, may not be the first platform that comes to mind for real estate professionals.
However, with its focus on business connections and industry-specific content, LinkedIn offers a unique platform to network, establish credibility, and generate quality leads.
Additionally, LinkedIn gives you access to a segment of well-established professionals with higher incomes, which can lead to better conversion rates than on other social media platforms when targeting luxury house shoppers and investors.
How to Use LinkedIn for Real Estate
Here are a few ways to use LinkedIn as a real estate professional:
- Networking: Connect with real estate investors and agents, mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, and other industry. professionals to expand your personal network.
- B2B opportunities: If you’re involved in commercial real estate, LinkedIn is a valuable resource for connecting with businesses looking for office or retail space.
- Building trust and credibility: Consistently sharing valuable content and engaging in relevant discussions positions you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Lead generation: LinkedIn provides opportunities to generate leads, whether it’s connecting with potential buyers and sellers or collaborating with past clients who can refer new clients to you.
- Recruitment: If you’re part of a real estate agency, LinkedIn can also be used for recruiting new talent to your team.
Despite often being associated with entertaining short videos and trends, TikTok’s rapidly growing user base and creative format can offer unique opportunities for real estate marketing and engagement.
TikTok predominantly attracts younger demographics, making it ideal for connecting with younger homebuyers and renters. Additionally, the platform’s highly visual and fast-paced format represents an opportunity for real estate professionals to present properties in unique ways and build genuine connections with potential clients.
How to Use TikTok for Real Estate
Here are some creative ways to use TikTok for your real estate business:
- Creative property showcasing: Use TikTok’s engaging format to provide brief, visually appealing property tours that capture the essence of a home and its unique features.
- Educational content: Share quick and informative videos on topics such as the home-buying process, market trends, or tips for first-time buyers. TikTok users appreciate valuable insights.
- Local insights: Highlight the charm and amenities of neighborhoods in your area. Showcase local businesses, schools, parks, and more to provide a well-rounded view of the community.
- Personal branding: Use TikTok to showcase your personality and authenticity. Building a likable and trustworthy online persona can help you attract clients who resonate with your style.
- Connecting with younger buyers: If your target audience includes younger homebuyers, TikTok is an effective platform to engage with them where they spend a significant amount of their online time.
Pinterest is often associated with DIY projects and recipe ideas, but it’s also a valuable yet underrated platform for real estate professionals. Its visual and aspirational nature aligns well with the real estate industry’s need to showcase properties and inspire homeowners.
Pinterest attracts users across various age groups, but it is particularly popular among individuals aged 18 to 49. This demographic is often in the prime stage of homeownership and actively searching for property-related inspiration.
How to Use Pinterest for Real Estate
Pinterest can be a versatile platform for real estate professionals, particularly in the following areas:
- Visual property showcasing: Use Pinterest to create visually enticing boards for your property listings. Highlight each property’s unique characteristics, from curb appeal to interior design.
- Lifestyle and neighborhood promotion: Showcase the lifestyle that comes with living in a particular neighborhood. Highlight nearby amenities, schools, parks, and local attractions through pins and boards.
- Home improvement inspiration: Share pins related to home improvement tips, renovation ideas, and staging techniques. Position yourself as a valuable resource for both buyers and sellers.
- Client collaboration: Collaborate with clients by creating shared boards where you can collect and discuss property ideas and preferences, streamlining the search process.
- Brand building: Use Pinterest to build your brand identity by curating content that reflects your unique style and expertise in the real estate market.
YouTube, the world’s second-largest search engine, can be a powerful tool for branding, education, and lead generation within the real estate industry.
YouTube attracts users of all ages, from teenagers to seniors. While it skews slightly younger, it provides access to a wide range of potential clients, including both first-time homebuyers and experienced investors.
Users turn to YouTube not only for property-related content but also for educational and informational videos on a wide range of topics, which can benefit real estate professionals offering expertise in various areas of the industry.
How to Use YouTube for Real Estate
Here are several ways in which you can use YouTube for real estate:
- Property showcasing: Create visually engaging property tour videos to showcase your local listings effectively. Highlight key selling points, room layouts, and neighborhood amenities.
- Expertise and trust building: Share your industry knowledge and insights through educational content. Address common questions and concerns to establish yourself as a trusted expert in the real estate community.
- Branding and personalization: Share your real estate journey, share success stories, and showcase your personality to connect with potential clients on a personal level.
- Lead generation: Use YouTube’s video descriptions and end screens to direct viewers to your website or contact information. Encourage them to reach out for inquiries or consultations.
- Local expertise: If you specialize in a particular neighborhood or city, use YouTube to highlight the benefits of living in that area, including schools, parks, and local businesses.
7. X (formerly Twitter)
X, formerly known as Twitter, is often associated with brief updates and real-time conversations, attracting users across a wide age range, from young adults to seniors.
This diversity can be advantageous for real estate professionals targeting various demographics, including first-time homebuyers and downsizing retirees.
The platform’s users are often highly engaged and active on the platform. They use X to stay updated on industry news, trends, and local happenings, making it an excellent platform to showcase properties and share insights.
How to Use X for Real Estate
X is a versatile platform for real estate professionals, particularly in the following areas:
- Local updates: Share updates about local real estate news, market trends, and neighborhood developments to position yourself as a local expert.
- Networking: Connect with fellow real estate professionals, local businesses, and potential clients.
- Property promotion: Share property listings, open house announcements, and virtual tours through tweets and visual content.
- Market Insights: Provide regular updates on market conditions, interest rates, and tips for buying or selling property.
- Branding: Build your personal brand as a real estate expert by sharing your unique perspective, industry knowledge, and success stories.
How to Pick the Right Social Media Platforms for Real Estate
Not all social media networks are created equal, and choosing wisely can make your online presence more effective and targeted.
Here is how to choose the best social media platforms for real estate:
- Know your niche: Are you focused on residential properties, commercial real estate, luxury homes, vacation rentals, or some other specific segment? Which types of properties generate interest in your area? Answering these types of questions will help you identify which platforms align best with your target audience.
- Use a real estate-friendly platform: Consider platforms that offer features specifically designed for real estate marketing. For example, Instagram is ideal for visually showcasing property listings and generating leads. Meanwhile, Pinterest’s focus on lifestyle and inspirational content makes it perfect for sharing home improvement ideas, interior design, and neighborhood highlights.
- Understand user demographics: Research the demographics of your target market and compare them to the user base of various platforms. For optimal results, try a social media management solution like SocialBee to access accurate insights and make strategy adjustments in real-time.
Streamline your Facebook marketing efforts as a real estate agent with accurate metrics straight from SocialBee.
Here is what SocialBee’s analytics can provide real estate professionals with:
- Audience insights: Get detailed insights into user demographics like age, gender, location, and interests to match your audience’s preferences through your content
- Engagement metrics: Easily track metrics such as likes, comments, and shares for each post to pinpoint what type of content resonates the most with your audience
- Optimal posting times: Learn when your audience is most active on social media to put out content when users are most likely to see and engage with it
- Content performance: Review the performance of different types of content (e.g., property listings, market updates, educational posts) to identify which categories are most popular among your demographics and adapt accordingly
- A/B testing: Experiment with different post formats, content types, and visuals, and use SocialBee’s analytics to compare the performance of these variations and refine your content strategy.
SocialBee: Your AI-powered social media management tool
7 Tips for Posting On Social Media as a Real Estate Professional
Here are some tips to help you refine your social media strategy as a real estate professional:
- Show social proof
- Experiment with content formats
- Be strategic with hashtags
- Create educational content
- Collaborate with other real estate agents
- Engage with your audience
- Stay consistent
1. Show Social Proof
Building trust is crucial in real estate, and social proof can help you achieve just that. Share success stories and testimonials from satisfied clients to demonstrate your track record. Check out this example from @elitegoa.in’s Instagram page:
Real-life experiences from others can go a long way in convincing potential real estate clients that you’re the right agent for them.
2. Experiment with Content Formats
Don’t limit yourself to just one type of content. Instead, experiment with a variety of formats, such as photos, videos, or even the basic status post.
Different people resonate with different content types, so diversifying your content can be a decisive factor in reaching a broader audience.
If you’re not sure how to proceed, let SocialBee’s Copilot do the work for you!
Generate diversified social media strategies in a matter of moments with our Social Media Copilot.
SocialBee’s Copilot harnesses advanced AI technology to craft personalized social media strategies tailored to your unique needs, with pre-made posts that are ready to edit and share across various social media channels, optimal posting recommendations, and effortless scheduling capabilities.
3. Be Strategic with Hashtags
When used correctly, hashtags can boost the discoverability of your posts. Research and use relevant real estate and local hashtags to expand your reach.
However, avoid overloading your posts with hashtags. Instead, focus on using a few that are highly relevant to your content.
PRO TIP: Create a list of popular real estate and local hashtags and rotate them in your posts to increase visibility.
4. Create Educational Content
Establish yourself as a knowledgeable resource in the real estate market by sharing educational content that positions you as an expert and builds trust with your audience.
Some examples of educational content include providing insights into the home-buying process, offering tips for first-time buyers, explaining market trends, and answering common real estate questions.
5. Engage with Your Followers
Engagement on social media is a two-way street. Interact with your followers by responding to comments, answering questions, and acknowledging their input. Actively participating in conversations builds a sense of community and fosters trust.
PRO TIP: For optimal results, try SocialBee’s Engagement Module.
Ace community management with SocialBee.
This comprehensive tool transforms the intricacies of community management into a seamless experience through well-structured boards, streams, and notifications.
6. Collaborate with Other Real Estate Agents
Collaboration can be a win-win for many real estate agents, as it can help broaden their social media network and lead to valuable referrals. Check out this example from @yourluxuryfloridarealtor and @serranoluxurygroup:
Partner with other agents in your area to join your marketing efforts, share each other’s real estate listings, and exchange insights.
7. Stay Consistent
Consistency is key to maintaining an effective social media presence, so creating a posting schedule and sticking to it should be a top priority.
Using a social media management tool like SocialBee to plan, create, and schedule posts for different social media platforms in advance, ensures a steady stream of content, even during busy times.
Try SocialBee to keep your social media marketing strategy consistent and excel in the real estate industry.
Additionally, with SocialBee, you can easily categorize your social media content into distinct groups to create a well-balanced mix that caters to the diverse interests of your audience.
And if you create evergreen content, like informative posts, tips and tricks, or testimonials from satisfied clients, you can easily have it automatically reposted at regular intervals straight from the SocialBee app.