It’s no secret that Twitter monitoring is a powerful strategy that’s worth leveraging to the max. It could very well become your secret weapon whenever you mine for insights into your customers’ behaviors. If you’re confused about how to gain Twitter followers, monitoring will surely prove helpful.
Unlike other social media platforms, Twitter moves fast and you need to keep up. Monitoring helps you see things from a different perspective and understand what matters to your target audience the most.
Also, tracking brand mentions, new trends, and hashtags in real-time can allow you to develop better Twitter habits. It’s crystal clear that an efficient and affordable solution is needed.
In this article we’ll explore some of the top Twitter monitoring tools and discuss how to make the most out of them.
[Free Download] Social Media Audit Template
Table of Contents
What Is a Twitter Monitoring Tool?
A Twitter monitoring tool allows you to track and analyze brand mentions, and keep an eye on competitors, industry trends, and relevant keywords and topics from your niche. It can help you gain insight into how your brand is perceived online as well as your social media performance.
In the context of this modern digital world, it’s important for the social media marketer to monitor Twitter activity as closely as possible.
Why You Should Use a Twitter Monitoring Tool
You should use a Twitter monitoring tool in order to track Twitter mentions, gain a competitive advantage over other brands in your niche, and stay updated on any trends that are currently gaining exposure.
Here are the three reasons why you should use a Twitter monitoring tool:
- Track Brand Mentions & Sentiment ━ Tracking Twitter mentions with a monitoring tool helps you gain important insights into what your customers are saying about your products and services. As for brand sentiment, it is the generalized opinion people have about your brand and it can help you do crisis management much more easily.
- Engage In Relevant Conversations ━ Monitoring also allows you to easily engage in relevant conversations on Twitter. Don’t hesitate to join in on relevant conversations, it could allow you to improve your brand image and grow your Twitter profile.
- Monitor Industry Trends ━ Use a monitoring tool in order to successfully narrow down trends based on language, location, date, and more. By doing this, you’ll quickly identify key topics that could help your brand online.
How to Make the Most out of Twitter Monitoring
Before you start to researching and analyzing your Twitter presence and performance in real-time, it’s important to follow the necessary steps.
Here are 10 ways to enhance your Twitter monitoring strategy:
- Establish what you need to track
- Pick the right Twitter monitoring tool for your needs
- Keep track of your content performance
- Monitor keywords & hashtags important to your niche
- Understand your target audience
- Engage in conversation & provide support to Twitter users
- Find influencers and brand advocates
- Document relevant feedback points
- Keep up with your competitors
- Gather trending content ideas
1. Establish What You Need to Track
Before you start, you must first decide on what you need to analyze. Your Twitter profile is complex and monitoring can get challenging quite quickly.
Here are a few ideas of what you can track with a monitoring tool:
- Followers — Measure how many people are either following or unfollowing your account and make changes to your social media strategy accordingly.
- Mentions — Keep an eye on the Twitter posts where your brand is mentioned to understand how your business is perceived online, find potential brand ambassadors, and kickstart your influencer marketing plans.
- Hashtags — Monitor hashtags and keywords relevant to your business industry to make sure you stay on top of trends and get involved in the right Twitter conversations.
2. Pick the Right Twitter Monitoring Tool for Your Needs
Let’s face it, it’s pretty tough choosing the right Twitter monitoring tool. Luckily for you, you can confidently select the best tool by considering a few key factors.
Here are the features you should look for in a Twitter monitoring tool:
- Real-time conversation tracker
- Affordable and budget-friendly
- Intuitive dashboard
- Great analytics
- Efficient content planning
3. Keep Track of Your Content Performance
Measure the success of your Twitter profile by analyzing your performance in real time. Make sure that your tool of choice also has built-in analytical capabilities that allow you to get more insights into your target audience and better inform your content strategy.
Although there are many Twitter monitoring tools available out there, you should choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. SocialBee is an all-in-one social media management tool that allows you to do monitoring like a pro.
Track your Twitter reach and engagement and manage all your social media platforms from one place: SocialBee!
Start your 14-day free trial today!
In order to better analyze Twitter performance over time and spot trends, Twitter analytics tools should provide data in regard to your content, such as likes, retweets, mentions, reach, and engagement.
Monitor Your Twitter Content Performance with SocialBee!
4. Monitor Keywords & Hashtags Important to Your Niche
Using monitoring tools that allow you to keep an eye out for the most important keywords and hashtags associated with your brand is the best way to go. Also, make sure that you take note of hashtags and keywords that are related to your industry trends.
Also, look for tracking tools that can provide you with analytics reports on hashtag usage and sentiment analysis. It’s important that you always keep adding to your keyword and hashtag list for optimal reach.
5. Understand Your Target Audience
Do you provide the types of content that your ideal customer would be interested in? Preferably, your target audience should be your main source of inspiration and engagement. Without Twitter tracking, you cannot have a clear idea of how your strategy is playing out.
Learn more about the users that follow your Twitter account and discover how to cater to their social media content preferences.
Start your 14-day free trial today!
Here are three main ways to understand your target audience:
- Explore followed profiles — Take a closer look at the Twitter profiles your target audience follows to better understand their interests and preferences. Save the content your competitors share and take note of their go-to influencers for future reference.
- Analyze Twitter sentiment — By using Twitter sentiment analysis, you can better understand how your target audience feels about the products and services you’re offering. As you gain better insight into customer opinions, you’ll be able to provide top-quality content that actually converts.
- Monitor Twitter engagement — Monitoring Twitter engagement metrics such as likes, retweets, and replies can be indicative of your target audience’s preferences. Make sure that you make it a regular habit to monitor your engagement levels and inform your strategy accordingly.
If you’re looking for an effective, all-in-one tool that allows you to better understand your target audience, you should make SocialBee your top priority. This social media management platform tracks your page analytics, post analytics, and audience demographics from one place.
6. Engage in Conversation & Provide Support to Twitter Users
Your Twitter profile helps you foster engaging conversations with users. Most Twitter tools offer users an inbox feature that can help them answer comments and messages directly from their dashboard.
Use Twitter monitoring as a way to stay on top of everything that relates to efficient communication. An effective tool should encourage you to build relationships with your Twitter followers, and improve customer engagement, and loyalty.
Usually, conversations can take place privately, via direct messaging, or publicly, via tweets. Keeping conversations going can help promote your brand, generate feedback, and provide valuable insights. Plus, engaging directly with Twitter users helps you create stronger business-customer relationships.
|🐝 Pro Tip: Remember to always remain professional while interacting with Twitter users. Before you engage in conversations through tweets or messages, be mindful of the tone of voice you’re using so that it aligns with your overall brand message.|
7. Find Influencers and Brand Advocates
The influencer marketing industry has managed to reach $16.4B in 2022. Finding a trustworthy advocate for your brand can positively influence your brand visibility and conversions. Word-of-mouth marketing keeps on going strong.
Twitter influencers and brand ambassadors usually have large followings and are able to persuade the public more efficiently than brands. Tracking tools that allow you to identify relevant posts and conversations will also help you identify influential Twitter content creators from your niche.
Once you manage to connect with some key influencers, you should also monitor their activity and engagement levels. This is the clearest indication of how successful they might be in spreading your message. Influencer and brand advocate collaborations are truly a no-brainer and great for your brand reputation.
8. Document Relevant Feedback Points
To get the most out of Twitter monitoring, it is important to start collecting feedback points that are relevant to your business. Tracking customer feedback is essential for learning how they perceive your brand and improve customer service.
Nothing should be allowed to slip through the cracks, so make sure to create a comprehensive list of keywords or phrases that are usually associated with your company or product. Then, track them with the help of a monitoring tool.
9. Keep Up With Your Competitors
Having a competitive edge on Twitter is a bit of a struggle. By running a thorough competitive analysis with the help of a powerful tool, you have the opportunity to stay ahead of the game without too much fuss.
Here are three ways to keep up with your competitors:
- Monitor your competitors’ Twitter activity — Keep tabs on your competitors’ Twitter profiles with a monitoring tool. Take a look at their activity, and engagement levels, and see whether their social media strategy could inspire yours.
- Measure brand sentiment – Twitter monitoring lets you track sentiment among users discussing topics that are relevant to your niche. Explore the brand sentiment around your competitors and use this insight as a way to optimize your own Twitter campaigns for ideal reach and engagement.
- Notice their communication style — Your competitors are prone to mistakes and so are you. It’s best that you take a moment to inspect the way they reply to tweets, join in on conversations, and respond to less-than-positive reviews. This should help you step up your monitoring skills.
10. Gather Trending Content Ideas
Tapping into Twitter conversations is one of the best ways to find powerful content ideas. Your posts should always stay relevant and updated in accordance to trends in your industry.
Here are three ways to gather trending content ideas:
- Twitter Search — Twitter’s native Explore functionality can help you discover new keywords, hashtags, and profiles that are relevant to your industry. This will give you an idea of what is being discussed about a particular trend or topic at the moment.
- Twitter Lists — Twitter lists allow you to follow specific accounts based on topics you’re interested in, and see what they’re sharing. Twitter lists are a great way to stay informed whenever new trends show up.
- Twitter Influencers — Twitter influencers can provide you with solid information about trending topics in your industry. These Twitter users have a habit of posting content that is highly popular and up-to-date on the latest trends. Don’t shy away from engaging with them by either retweeting, commenting, or liking their content.
Top 5 Twitter Monitoring Tools
It’s time to do Twitter monitoring in style. To help you achieve outstanding results, we’ve searched the web for some of the best tools.
Here are the top 5 Twitter monitoring tools:
As a true all-in-one tool, SocialBee helps you create, schedule, publish, and monitor your content from one place. Twitter users will be pleasantly surprised to discover how well SocialBee performs in the long-run.
Keep track of your progress on social media by accessing your Twitter analytics from SocialBee. With this data, you can easily see how far you’ve come and where else to focus your efforts.
Manage your Twitter account easily from SocialBee: create, schedule, post, and track your progress in real-time.
Start your 14-day free trial today!
Here are three monitoring functionalities provided by SocialBee:
- Reach & Engagement — Track your content performance, and identify which of your previous tweets have resonated with your audience the most. Maximize the reach of future Twitter postings by uncovering what’s been successful in the past.
- Audience Growth — Track the progress of your Twitter account by keeping an eye on how many followers you gained or lost in a certain time frame. Also, pay attention to your audience demographics.
- Post History — With SocialBee, you can access a timeline of your past posts and gain insight into the effectiveness of your content strategy. This allows you to monitor progress over time and make continuous improvements for greater success.
TweetDeck allows you to monitor your entire Twitter presence from one place, for free. This free Twitter listening tool also includes a Teams feature that streamlines all your work processes and helps you monitor activity with ease.
TweetDeck also lets you manage multiple Twitter accounts from one place, proving to be very useful for large organizations that need to get things done efficiently.
Audiense is a social monitoring tool that helps you monitor, understand, and connect to your Twitter audience. It is fully scalable and it also helps you launch better advertising campaigns that will resonate with your target audience.
This audience research tool brings you valuable insight regarding your own followers and those of your competitive accounts.
Mention is a social monitoring tool that reveals what is being said about your brand on Twitter in real-time.
Its complex reports draw information from over 1 billion sources on the web. Additionally, its Active Alerts feature refines your search efforts and provides you with relevant results that will improve your monitoring efforts.
Juphy takes care of all your social media interactions, including those on Twitter. Closely monitor mentions, direct messages, and do keyword monitoring like a pro.
All in all, Juphy is one of the best Twitter listening tools out there, so make sure to give it a try when you can.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Difference Between a Social Media Monitoring Tool and a Social Listening Tool?
The difference between a social media monitoring tool and a social listening tool is substantial. The first monitors messages that relate to your brand, products, and services and connects you to your target audience, while the second analyzes conversations that take place in your industry. Social listening also allows you to have a better content strategy.
How to Choose the Best Twitter Monitoring Tool?
You can choose the best tool by making sure that it fits your brand’s needs. Also, a great tool should monitor hashtags, keywords, and mentions from one place. Additionally, it should provide comprehensive Twitter analytics. Finally, make sure that the tool is budget-friendly.
What Can I Monitor on Twitter?
On Twitter, you can monitor hashtags, keywords, and mentions that relate to your brand, products, and services. You can also monitor your main competitors and industry trends.
Start Monitoring Twitter Like a Pro
A successful social media marketing strategy must include Twitter monitoring, as it allows you to create content that appeals to your followers and cultivates relationships with key influencers.
Choose the right tool for your brand and become an expert at both social listening and monitoring.
Take the stress out of Twitter monitoring and skyrocket your social media marketing team’s productivity by using SocialBee – a comprehensive, all-in-one social media management tool. Our 14-day free trial could be the start of a wonderful social media adventure!