Finding out how to add music to your Instagram Stories is a great way to captivate your audience and have them jamming to your favorite tunes.
Whether you want to showcase your latest product or highlight a special memory, using the Music Sticker for your Instagram Stories will make them much more engaging and easier to watch.
In this beginner’s guide, we’ll discuss how to add catchy soundtracks and songs to your Instagram Stories in just a few simple steps. Read on for the step-by-step instructions!
Access free, customizable Instagram Story templates for quicker content creation.
Table of Contents
- How to Add Music to Your Stories from the Instagram App
- How to Add Music to Your Stories With a Music Streaming App
- How to Schedule Instagram Stories with SocialBee
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Enjoy Instagram’s Music Library and Enhance Your Stories!
How to Add Music to Your Stories from the Instagram App
Thinking of ways to make your Stories more engaging and easier to watch? How about a song playing in the background of your latest content? Now, this can be achieved in a matter of seconds with Instagram’s Music Sticker.
Here are the three steps to adding music to your Stories via the Instagram app:
- Create or share an Instagram Story
- Browse the Instagram music catalog
- Publish your latest Instagram Story
Step 1: Create or Share an Instagram Story
First things first, you must open the Instagram app from your mobile device. Next, you should tap the “+” symbol below your profile picture. This will prompt you to add content to your Story. It could be anything, from a selection of photos to a video.
You can also create a new Story by tapping the “Camera” button. From here, you can create text posts, Boomerangs, Layouts, and Hands-Free posts.
Once you’ve selected or created the content you want to post, you’re ready to add the music. To start, tap the Sticker button. You can find it in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Browse the Instagram Music Catalog
Once you’ve tapped the Sticker button, you should be able to easily identify the Instagram Music Sticker.
Tap it and check out the selection recommended in the “For you” section. This is usually the place where you might find location-based recommendations.
The “Browse” section has categories such as “Birthday” or “Date night”, depending on the theme of your Story.
You can also use the “Search music” bar to look for your favorite song or artist. Chances are that the Instagram music library will prove useful.
Step 3: Publish Your Latest Instagram Story
So you found a fitting song for your upcoming Story thanks to the Music Sticker? That’s awesome news! Now, it’s time to select the part of the song you’d like to use and experiment with how the song is going to be displayed in your Story.
First, scroll through the track’s lyrics to find that catchy lyric you’ve been looking for. If you’re in a hurry, look for the red dots, they mark the most popular parts of the track, such as the chorus or pre-chorus.
Next, you can go for big, bold song lyrics that are in sync with the track. If not, you can opt for music only, a badge, or simply for the cover art of the album or single.
In any case, the artist and track title will show at the top of your Story whenever it’s played. Once you’re done, tap the white button with a black arrow at its center. Your Story is now published for everyone to see!
How to Add Music to Your Stories With a Music Streaming App
What we’re going to share with you next might come as a surprise – you don’t have to necessarily use Instagram’s Music Sticker to add music to your Stories.
You can now share music with your followers via Spotify, the Apple Music app, Soundcloud, and even Shazam.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story with the Spotify App
You can now add music to your Instagram Stories directly from Spotify, one of the world’s most popular music streaming services.
Here’s how to add music to your Instagram Story with the Spotify app:
- Step 1: Open the Spotify app.
- Step 2: Find the track you wish to share with your community and tap the three dots you can find in the right corner, opposite from its title. A menu should pop up. From there, select the fifth option, which is none other than the “Share” button.
- Step 3: Next, another menu should come up. Make sure to select the “Stories” button.
- Step 4: The final step will automatically redirect you to the Instagram app. The artwork, artist, song title, and album should appear in the form of a Story. Then, share it with the world.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story with the Apple Music App
Apple users will be happy to learn that they can easily share their favorite tunes with their Instagram followers directly from the Music app. Let your followers play music directly from your Story.
Here’s how to add music to your Instagram Story with the Apple Music app:
- Step 1: Open the Music app.
- Step 2: Find the song, album, or playlist that you want to share.
- Step 3: Touch and hold the track, then tap Share.
- Step 4: In the menu that appears, select Instagram and then post the music to your Instagram Stories.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story with the Soundcloud App
Are you a musician by any chance? With Soundcloud, you can now share your latest audio creations with your Instagram followers. The album or song artwork will capture the attention of your followers.
Here’s how to add music to your Instagram Story with Soundcloud:
- Step 1: Open the Soundcloud app.
- Step 2: Find the song, cover art, or playlist that you want to share and tap the three dots on the right side of the screen.
- Step 3: From the menu, select “Stories”.
- Step 4: You’ll be redirected to the Instagram app. To finish, post the track by tapping the white button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story with the Shazam App
You might’ve heard of Shazam before, it’s that fascinating app that can detect catchy songs no matter where you are. Did you know that you can also share music in your Stories with Shazam?
Here’s how to add music to your Instagram Story with the Shazam app:
- Step 1: Open the Shazam app.
- Step 2: Find the song, cover art, or playlist that you want to share and tap the Share symbol.
- Step 3: From the menu, select “Instagram”.
- Step 4: You’ll be redirected to Instagram. To finish, post the track by tapping the white button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
How to Schedule Instagram Stories with SocialBee
To start, you should first create a SocialBee account in order to connect your Instagram profile and create, schedule, and share your content.
Here is how you can share Instagram Stories with SocialBee:
- Choose a content category and click on “Add post to this category”
- Once you have entered the Post Editor, make sure to have Instagram selected
- Click the “Customize for each profile” button
- Select the type of post you’d like to publish (Feed post, Reel, Story)
- Upload your Story content
- Save your post as “Approved”
Schedule and share your upcoming Instagram Stories with SocialBee – your all-in-one social media management platform.
The best part about using SocialBee to post on Instagram? You can have direct access to Canva, GIPHY, and Unsplash integrations, and can leverage the power of detailed analytics in order to see what works best for you in terms of Instagram content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enjoy Instagram’s Music Library and Enhance Your Stories!
The conclusion? Adding music to an Instagram Story is a fun way to improve the viewing experience of your followers and bring more attention to your profile. With just a few simple steps, anyone can add their favorite songs and soundtracks to their Stories in no time!
To do this as smoothly as possible, use SocialBee. This social media management tool is excellent for hands-on creators and small businesses that wish to create high-quality content and also schedule it and track its analytics. Start your 14-day free trial today and finally take control of your online presence!