Magic’s in the air and it’s time for some sparkling Christmas posts for social media! As we all know, the holiday season is the perfect time for increasing your engagement and conversion rates.
Armed with a well-crafted social media holiday calendar, you’re all set to unwrap some truly joyous outcomes.
This week’s article focuses on how to elevate your Christmas social media posts. We aim to help you create content that stands out in your followers’ feeds and provide you with a comprehensive list of over 100 Christmas post ideas.
Prepare to fill your content stocking to the brim—it’s time to celebrate with posts that shine as bright as the star atop the Christmas tree!
Acess the calendar template and start planning your holiday posts with ease.
Table of Contents
- 10 Christmas Social Media Post Examples
- 1. Promote a Christmas Charitable Campaign
- 2. Create a List of Christmas Gift Ideas
- 3. Run a Christmas Contest or Giveaway
- 4. Share Your Christmas Season Must-Haves
- 5. Showcase Your Office Christmas Decorations
- 6. Post Your Favourite Christmas Recipes
- 7. Talk About Your Best/Worst Christmas Present
- 8. Make a List of the Best Christmas Movies/Songs/Books
- 9. Wish Your Followers a Merry Christmas
- 10. Offer Your Followers a Discount on Christmas Day
- 100+ Ideas for Your Christmas Social Media Posts
- Engaging Christmas Social Media Posts
- Christmas Interactive Posts for Social Media
- Christmas Social Media Posts for Businesses
- Educational Christmas Social Media Posts
- Christmas Food DIY Social Media Posts
- Community Christmas Social Media Posts
- Christmas Social Media Posts About Food and Recipes
- Reflective and Inspirational Christmas Social Media Posts
- How to Create a Christmas Content Plan
10 Christmas Social Media Post Examples
Having a jolly Christmas without a great holiday social media presence is similar to a Christmas tree with no lights. Depressing, right? Every brand needs to step it up during the holiday season and make the most out of its Christmas social media campaign.
Luckily, we have a great list of interactive social media posts you can get inspired from.
Here are 10 ideas for Christmas social media posts with examples:
- Promote a Christmas charitable campaign
- Create a List of Christmas gift ideas
- Run a Christmas social media contest or giveaway
- Share your Christmas season must-haves
- Showcase your office Christmas decorations
- Post your favorite Christmas recipes
- Talk about your best/worst Christmas present
- Make a list of the best Christmas movies/songs/books
- Wish your followers a Merry Christmas
- Offer your followers a discount on Christmas day
1. Promote a Christmas Charitable Campaign
Both small businesses and popular brands know that the holiday cheer is not guaranteed for everybody. In fact, poverty prevents millions of people from having a pleasant Christmas. A charitable campaign should even out the scales.
Take this example. They used an adorable graphic of a child holding a book gift. The copy is short and persuasive. As for the description, it starts with a statement that is impossible to ignore and that touches people’s feelings.
You too can team up with a local charity and share the holiday spirit with your less-than-fortunate followers.
2. Create a List of Christmas Gift Ideas
It’s not all about Christmas trees and hot chocolate, gifts are equally important. What about a list of Christmas gift ideas? If you don’t feel like writing it out in a post or description, film it!
A Christmas Facebook Reel can help your audience decide on the best gift options available. Make sure to promote your products/services and to add them to the top 3 of your list. It’s okay to toot your own horn once a year.
3. Run a Christmas Contest or Giveaway
Build up excitement with a Christmas event. Contests and giveaways are helpful tools for instant engagement growth. Remember, you have to be persuasive, post regular reminders about the deadline, and use a countdown for optimal impact.
The example above is straight to the point. Notice that the graphic uses an aggressively big font that builds up the excitement. Perhaps the best thing about this Instagram post? The word ‘FREE’ is clearly emphasized. This is almost guaranteed to generate plenty of giveaway entries.
4. Share Your Christmas Season Must-Haves
It’s a great idea to act as a trendsetter the entire year, not just during the holiday season. What is the ideal Christmas outfit? How about the ideal Christmas dinner setting? Idealize and conceptualize freely while adding the Christmas theme to your social media campaign.
This post does this splendidly. The golden aesthetic is the brand’s trademark and it goes hand in hand with the Christmas colors we all love. The Christmas dinner needs a luxurious touch and the chocolate brand exemplifies this with a stunning photo that makes their product a definitive must-have.
5. Showcase Your Office Christmas Decorations
Who said that office Christmas celebrations aren’t fun? Wish your employees Happy Holidays with some adorable decorations. This will make your brand relatable in the eyes of your followers.
The TikTok video above is an amusing office tour accompanied by a great track. You too can create a similar video and give customers a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes world of your hardworking team.
6. Post Your Favourite Christmas Recipes
Every social media platform out there has a community of foodies. Guess what? They’re waiting for that yummy social media post you might have in store for them.
This brand was not afraid to give a lengthy step-by-step description of their favorite sweet and salty holiday snack mix. Although the reel itself details each step, it’s good to offer your followers a text alternative.
If you’re not specialized in foods and recipes, make sure to team up with someone who is and tag them for a holiday season collaboration.
7. Talk About Your Best/Worst Christmas Present
Everyone has that one Christmas present they fondly remember. Similarly, some of us burst out in laughter at the thought of that one embarrassingly awful present we received years ago.
Take a lighthearted approach and speak about your best/worst gift at length. Don’t feel like relaying all the details through text? What about a podcast?
This would have solid chances of going viral and spreading brand awareness. Not to mention that the more honest you make it, the more people will start relating to your brand.
8. Make a List of the Best Christmas Movies/Songs/Books
Are your followers’ Christmas watchlists ready or do they need some polishing? What about their fun playlists? Forget about promoting your products/services for a while and give your customers some creative ideas on Christmas movies, songs, or books.
Share your brand’s favorite Christmas movies with a green screen TikTok. That way, you can offer a short take on the synopsis and explain why you’ve chosen each movie. Do the same thing with a Spotify playlist or with a to-read list of books worth reading by the fire.
9. Wish Your Followers a Merry Christmas
Not every brand wants to experiment during the holidays and that’s alright. Only take what applies to your brand’s core identity. Still, it’s unfair to let the Christmas holidays pass by without wishing your followers a Merry Christmas.
A simple, thematic photo accompanied by a short and sincere copy should save you the trouble.
Notice that in the example above, the fashion brand also chose to create a thematic hashtag. This is a great addition, especially if you expect some user-generated content (UGC) around the holidays.
10. Offer Your Followers a Discount on Christmas Day
Holiday sales are expected to pick up around Christmas day. Those late shoppers will rely on you to offer them an unforgettable deal. Therefore, go ahead and create a last-minute sale.
This fashion designer from Dallas decided to create a Christmas Facebook sale that was available through the 25th of December. You can also launch a similar holiday sale.
All you have to do is plan ahead, schedule the posts, and watch the campaign come to life.
100+ Ideas for Your Christmas Social Media Posts
As the festive season twinkles into view, it’s time to ramp up your holiday marketing with innovative Christmas social media campaigns.
Perfectly wrapped for the digital age, these social media post ideas are designed to raise brand awareness and infuse your holiday marketing with the joyous spirit of the season. From interactive Christmas posts to educational holiday content, we’ve got it all.
Dive into our handpicked selection of post ideas that promise to not only engage your audience but also brighten your brand’s presence and evoke the Christmas spirit during this merry time.
Engaging Christmas Social Media Posts
- Christmas countdown with daily tips or offers
- Post a Christmas-themed poll or survey
- Create a Christmas-themed Q&A session
- Offer a Christmas-themed challenge to your followers
- Host a “12 days of Christmas” series with different activities or deals
- Create a photo contest for the best Christmas tree decorations
- Post a Christmas joke of the day
- Share a Christmas-themed meme
- Host a virtual secret Santa among followers
- Share Christmas traditions from around the world
- Post a Christmas-themed poll or survey
- Share a behind-the-scenes look at Christmas preparations
- Share a Christmas memory or throwback photo
- Create a Spotify playlist of your favorite Christmas songs
- Make a list of the best Christmas movies/songs/books
- Post ideas for Christmas outfits or makeup looks
- Share a Christmas recipe exchange post
- Share ideas for Christmas-themed games and activities
- Post a Christmas movie night guide with snack ideas
Christmas Interactive Posts for Social Media
- Invite followers to share their favorite holiday memory in the comments
- Conduct a virtual Christmas scavenger hunt where followers find items or symbols in your posts
- Encourage followers to share their Christmas tree photos using a special hashtag
- Ask followers to vote the best holiday movie
- Post a fill-in-the-blank status asking followers to complete a holiday-themed sentence
- Create a “caption this” contest with a funny or cute Christmas-themed photo
- Host a virtual gingerbread house making contest with followers sharing pictures of their creations
- Encourage followers to share their holiday wishes or resolutions for the upcoming year
- Post a Christmas trivia quiz and reward winners with small prizes or shoutouts
- Ask followers to post their funniest Christmas fail or mishap
- Create a holiday-themed “This or That” poll with Christmas-related options
- Invite followers to share a video of their pet dressed in holiday attire
- Encourage followers to participate in a holiday-themed art or craft challenge
- Ask followers to share their best Christmas cooking or baking tip
- Invite followers to share their Christmas playlist
- Encourage followers to share how they give back during the holiday season
- Host a “decorate with me” event where followers share photos of their decorating process
- Encourage a “pay it forward” chain with followers sharing acts of kindness they’ve done or experienced during the season
Christmas Social Media Posts for Businesses
- Feature a product of the day with a special Christmas twist
- Share stories of staff and their Christmas traditions
- Share uplifting Christmas stories or testimonials
- Share your company’s year in review
- Post about how your products can be the perfect Christmas gift
- Share a Christmas greeting from your CEO
- Share your team’s Christmas wishlist
- Offer your followers a discount on Christmas Day
- Offer a flash sale or special Christmas Eve deal
Educational Christmas Social Media Posts
- Share a post about the history of Christmas traditions
- Post a series of “Did you know?” Christmas facts
- Post a Christmas gift unboxing video
- Share tips for relaxing during the holiday season
- Share ways to give back this Christmas
- Offer advice for hosting Christmas gatherings
- Share a guide to stress-free Christmas planning
- Highlight how to keep pets safe during Christmas
- Share tips on how to decorate a Christmas tree
- Offer tips on how to take the perfect Christmas photo
- Share a guide to writing the perfect Christmas letter
- Post a guide to making a Christmas budget
- Offer a last-minute Christmas shopping guide
Christmas Food DIY Social Media Posts
- Share ideas for DIY Christmas gifts
- Share a list of Christmas crafts for kids
- Share a post on how to wrap odd-shaped gifts
- Post a guide to making homemade Christmas ornaments
- Share a Christmas card making tutorial
- Provide instructions for creating handmade Christmas stockings.
- Share tips on crafting personalized Christmas gift tags.
- Create a step-by-step guide for making a Christmas advent calendar
- Offer ideas for upcycling old decorations
- Provide a DIY guide for making scented candles as Christmas gifts
- Offer ideas for making eco-friendly Christmas decorations using recycled materials
Community Christmas Social Media Posts
- Highlight the best local places to visit during Christmas
- Share a list of Christmas events in your area
- Highlight local artisans and their Christmas crafts
- Share a list of Christmas volunteering opportunities
Christmas Social Media Posts About Food and Recipes
- Share your favorite Christmas recipes
- Offer a special Christmas morning breakfast recipe
- Share ideas for repurposing Christmas leftovers
- Highlight festive cocktails and mocktails for Christmas parties
- Create a series featuring international Christmas dishes from around the world
- Share a step-by-step baking guide for traditional Christmas cookies
- Offer healthy alternatives to classic Christmas dishes for those with dietary restrictions
- Post a tutorial on creating the perfect Christmas dinner centerpiece with edible elements
- Share a “recipe of the day” leading up to Christmas featuring seasonal ingredients
- Provide ideas for Christmas-themed appetizers for holiday parties
- Share tips on cooking for a large number of guests during the holiday season
- Offer suggestions for vegan or vegetarian Christmas meal options
- Post a guide to pairing wines with Christmas dinner courses
- Share fun and festive Christmas dessert recipes that kids can help make
- Offer a guide to making homemade eggnog and variations of the drink
- Share quick and easy Christmas party snack recipes
- Post ideas for Christmas candy and sweet treats that make great gifts
- Offer a tutorial on decorating gingerbread houses with tips and tricks for longevity
- Share tips on how to prepare a Christmas feast on a budget
- Post a selection of gluten-free Christmas recipes for celiac guests
- Offer suggestions for Christmas-themed charcuterie boards
Reflective and Inspirational Christmas Social Media Posts
- Share your New Year’s resolutions
- Offer a Christmas countdown with reflective prompts
- Share your thoughts on the importance of family during Christmas
- Offer a Christmas Eve reflection or meditation guide
- Share your thoughts on the year and hopes for the new year
- Create a series on the true meaning of Christmas
- Share inspirational quotes about the holiday season
With this curated collection of social media post ideas, you’re all set to elevate your Christmas campaigns and celebrate the season with your audience. So, light up your social media with holiday cheer and watch your community grow and engage.
How to Create a Christmas Content Plan
You can’t possibly say Merry Christmas and actually mean it without a solid Christmas content calendar and an effective social media strategy.
Social platforms never take a holiday and your target audience is certain to scroll through their social media feeds straight from their dinner tables.
Here are five ways to create a Christmas content plan:
- Set measurable goals for your Christmas marketing campaign
- Decide on the topics of your social media Christmas posts
- Create content to endorse your Christmas promotions
- Recycle posts from previous years
- Schedule your Christmas posts ahead of time
1. Set Measurable Goals for Your Christmas Marketing Campaign
Do you plan on launching a marketing campaign for the festive season? Good for you! To do this successfully, you’ll need to figure out some measurable and attainable goals.
Is it the engagement rate you wish to improve? Perhaps your conversions have been rather low lately. Less than satisfactory sales? You can easily figure out your next KPIs by taking a look at your current metrics.
Furthermore, always consulting with your analytics can reveal important insights about your target audience that could ultimately help you create an awesome marketing campaign.
Try not to stress out. Your Christmas campaign will go smoothly once you decide to use SocialBee as your secret social media management and analytics tool.
Here are the top three metrics SocialBee tracks for you:
- Audience demographics
- Top-performing content
- Engagement levels
Let’s dive into this set of measurable goals!
A. Audience Demographics
Qualified leads are what any marketer dreams of, especially during the festive season. Don’t wait for Santa Claus to push your customers down the sales pipeline. Instead, allow SocialBee to lend you a hand.
What is your demographic distribution? Predominantly female or male? Do you know which language your followers speak? These little details can help you refine your content strategy.
Here’s what the SocialBee demography stats look like:
Track your audience demographics with the SocialBee app!
B. Top-Performing Content
A fully optimized marketing campaign has plenty of chances to perform splendidly. All you need to do is get a glimpse of what your fans enjoy.
Thankfully, SocialBee is here to reveal that to you. With the SocialBee app, you can easily become aware of your top 3 best performing posts, top 3 content categories, and top 3 content types.
As the cherry on top, SocialBee keeps a close eye on your reach, likes, comments, and shares. Get inspired by your top-performing content and create an awesome Christmas campaign!
C. Engagement Levels
It’s not enough to simply plan and launch a social media campaign around the holiday season.
SocialBee buzzes around all your social media platforms and keeps a close eye on the impact of your holiday season marketing campaign.
Our engagement metrics will show you exactly how your followers interact with your content (via likes, comments, and shares).
Use SocialBee’s engagement analytics and start tracking your audience’s interactions with your content.
2. Decide on the Topics of Your Social Media Christmas Posts
When creating holiday social media posts, it’s easy to get carried away and not be strategic about the whole thing.
Here’s how you can decide on the topics for your festive posts:
- Learn how to find post topic ideas
- Create content that helps with your KPIs
- Discover the type of content your audience prefers
A. Learn How to Find Post Topic Ideas
It’s all about insights, as we’ve previously learned. When you have a clearer understanding of what works and what doesn’t, it’s easy to find or come up with topic ideas.
First, take a look at how last year’s Christmas posts performed and decide whether it would be beneficial to offer your target audience a new take on the same exciting topic.
Then, take a look at what your competitors did last year. Did they receive many likes and comments? If so, make sure to note down their winner topic ideas and give them a twist that goes hand in hand with your brand identity.
B. Create Content That Helps with Your KPIs
Every business has its set of KPIs to tackle. Perhaps your main KPI around this time of the year is to drive traffic to either your website or landing page. If so, make sure that your content descriptions lead your followers to these pages.
Others might find it imperative to generate a fair number of qualified leads for a big Christmas sale. If this is you, make sure that you use the correct hashtags and post types to catch the eye of your customers. Whatever your KPIs are, they should reflect in your current content strategy.
With SocialBee’s AI content generation, align your social media posts with your KPIs effortlessly. Control the tone, customize for each platform, determine post length, and choose to include hashtags and emojis.
Use SocialBee’s AI content generator for easy, engaging Christmas content creation.
Beyond text, SocialBee’s AI extends to visual content, giving you the ability to generate images that complement your posts and captivate your audience’s attention.
This end-to-end content creation ensures that every aspect of your social media presence is cohesive, compelling, and ultimately conducive to achieving your KPIs.
C. Discover the Type of Content Your Audience Prefers
This is an easy one to tackle. Once you put the SocialBee app to the test, you’ll very easily start to identify the top-performing content your audiences love.
They could be reels with captions, how-to carousels, or memes to start the day with a smile. Either way, take a look at your most liked, shared, and commented posts and take notes for your next round of content.
Pinpoint the topics you’d like to address through your Christmas social media posts. From recipes and gift inspiration, to an exciting giveaway, there are numerous content ideas for a very Merry Christmas online.
Diversify your social content strategy with over 500 engaging post ideas.
3. Create Content to Endorse Your Christmas Promotions
Ah, who in the world doesn’t love a good ol’ sale during the Christmas season?
Go ahead and create some irresistible social media posts for each platform you use. That way, you can rest assured that no holiday shoppers shall miss your epic Christmas sale.
What about shoppable posts? With Instagram Shopping, you can now sell products and services and have them show up on your followers’ feeds and Discover pages.
Your target audience will be able to shop by tapping the white dots that will appear on your posts. For this, you’ll need an Instagram Business account.
The promotional posts should be eye-catching above all and impossible to miss. Promote your latest festive sale, products, or services with visually captivating reels or carousels. Also, leverage shoppable content and watch effortless conversions roll in.
Instagram Reels and TikTok videos are super popular these days, so make sure to give them a try, in case your target audience frequents these two social media channels. If not, a well-thought-out Christmas Facebook promotion should also keep audiences on their toes.
🐝 Pro tip: Use Instagram’s countdown sticker to stir some much-needed FOMO!
4. Recycle Posts From Previous Years
Let’s be honest, Christmas time is really busy. That doesn’t mean you can’t post engaging content regardless of your holiday season availability.
For that, you’ll need to think a bit outside of the box and prioritize evergreen content. Do you have a heartwarming, jolly post from last year that you’d just love to repost? Perfect!
With SocialBee, your older posts are guaranteed to shine just as brightly as a… Christmas tree! Recycle photos and videos from previous years with zero effort on your part.
Here’s how you can requeue a Christmas social media post via SocialBee:
Create evergreen posts and re-queue them to be shared to your social media accounts with SocialBee.
5. Schedule Your Christmas Posts Ahead of Time
There is something very stressful about manually publishing Christmas social media posts, don’t you think so? In order for you to avoid chaos and enjoy a peaceful holiday season, you’ll need to schedule your posts ahead of time.
In order for you to successfully ‘beat’ the algorithm, you’ll need to become fully aware of the best dates and times for you to post. Note that they differ depending on the social media channel we’re talking about.
Once you identify these magical dates and times, you’ll be much more likely to drive brand discovery and engagement. Your followers have their feed checking habits, so make sure to use this insight as much as possible.
A social media schedule is, simply put, a game-changer. SocialBee helps you get organized and discover the best times to post on social media.
Here’s what the SocialBee schedule setup looks like:
Schedule your Christmas social media posts weeks ahead from SocialBee’s visual content calendar.
All you need to do is organize your content into categories and schedule away! Seeing a Christmas social media post get published by itself is quite the gift, isn’t it?
Find out what is the best time to post across all your favourite social platforms.
Get Ready for the Holiday Season
The holiday social media cheer is going to be in full swing around Christmas time. Make sure that you prepare some awesome posts or requeue the ones from last year.
Our 100+ ideas and examples should do the trick. Alongside these, consider incorporating interactive Christmas stories to engage your audience directly in the narrative of your brand’s holiday celebration.
Interactive content is not just engaging but also shareable, which means it can increase your social media feed’s visibility exponentially. As the holiday shopping season ramps up, use these stories to showcase your products in a fun and festive light, encouraging your followers to choose your brand for their gifting needs.
Whatever you do, it would be a wise idea to start posting via a third-party app that will do all the hard work for you. You know, sort of like Santa and his elves. SocialBee is the social media scheduling tool you’ve been looking for.
With our app, you can create, schedule, and automatically post all your holiday social media ideas, including interactive content that can drive your holiday shopping campaigns. Luckily for you, we have a 14-day free trial. Give it a try!